Subject Access Request
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to see or be given a copy of any personal data held about you by the Clinical Commissioning Group. This may include documents such as reports, minutes or emails. This is called a Subject Access Request.
The CCG has one calendar month in which to respond to your request. An extension of a further two months can be granted for requests which are “complex or numerous”. We will let you know if this is the case within one month.
You can make a request verbally or in writing. If you make your request verbally, we recommend you follow it up in writing to provide a clear trail of correspondence. It will also provide clear evidence of your actions.
When making a subject access request, please include the following information:
- Your name and contact details, you may be required to provide proof of identity.
- The name of the person the information relates to, if acting on another’s behalf.
- If making a request on behalf of someone else, the CCG needs to be satisfied that the third party making the request is entitled to act on behalf of the individual and may ask for proof of this. For example, this could be a copy of Power of Attorney. If making a request on behalf of a child, you may be asked to provide proof of parental responsibility and/or depending on the age and understanding of the child, evidence of their consent.
- State clearly what you want, you might not want all the personal data that the organisation holds about you, for example you may want information which relates to a specified time period.
- Any details or relevant dates that will help it identify what you want.
Please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Information Team, NHS Corby CCG, Francis Crick House, Summerhouse Road, Moulton Park, Northampton NN3 6BF.